Evergreen Cemetery, Stoughton
About Evergreen Cemetery, Stoughton
In 1857, Evergreen Cemetery at Washington and Gay Streets was laid out with a pond in garden style. This cemetery has its earliest gravestone dated to 1799 belonging to an infant brought from Pearl Street Cemetery. The factory owners and their workers lie in the same sections in this cemetery with thousands of gravestones in every shape and size.