Menu

Hillcrest Cemetery, Plympton

About Hillcrest Cemetery, Plympton

Hillcrest Cemetery was established in 1702 and surveyed in 1706, receiving its first burial soon after.

Except for a small burial ground in the northern section of Plympton, it remained the only cemetery in town for about 150 years, until the establishment of the First Congregational Church Cemetery at 254 Main Street  in 1850.

The earliest burials, located near the intersection of Main Street and Palmer Road in the southern section of the cemetery, are marked with slate headstones laid in rough rows.

Location

Main St, Plympton, MA 02367

Open Daily 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.